Method Community

Create an account via API and create a charge to a payment gateway

Last post 03-07-2024 9:00 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2024 9:49 AM

Create an account via API and create a charge to a payment gateway

I am able to create a customer record in METHOD via the API, but how do we trigger a payment process?

I heard there was something to trigger an electronic invoice to the customer, but I don't find that an ideal process - extra steps for the customer, missed payments, etc.

We have our Strip account hooked up to our METHOD system, but I don't see anything on how to send credit card credentials to the API in order to spawn a payment.

Is this possible yet? Any insights or references would be helpful. Thanks!

• 03-07-2024 9:00 AM In reply to

Re: Create an account via API and create a charge to a payment gateway

Hi dlittle@hilltimes.com,

Thanks for reaching out to Method Community Forums!

As of now, it is not possible to capture and send credit card credentials via the API within METHOD. While we understand your need for this functionality and the desire to streamline the payment process, sending credit card credentials via API is not currently supported.

We appreciate your feedback and understand the importance of optimizing the payment process for both you and your customers. Rest assured, your concerns and suggestions will be passed along to our product team for consideration as we continue to enhance and improve our platform.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)