Hi Nancy -
Thanks for providing that information. I've been looking into it, but so far coming up empty.
Lots of other software developers complaining about similar issues of Gmail IMAP not working.....but the complaints seem to be old and Google appears to have resolved them. We are not seeing this in other situations so far, so I'm trying to find out why your scenario is unique.
I added a little more the message that comes back. This time it should contain the MessageID of the email it can't find.
BTW - I can duplicate what you are seeing, but only in fake scenarios.
(Fake Scenario 1) I open up an email in Gmail in a browser, then open Gmail in another browser and delete that same email, and then return back to the original email that is still open, and try to save an activity. The error is legit, since the email no longer exists.
(Fake Scenario 2) If I try to use the gadget directy from the Trash folder - I get the same legit error, since the message is deleted.
A few more questions.....
(1) Does this happen on every email, or just the one you are testing it out on. I'm assuming by now you've tried it on a bunch...but I just want to make sure.
(2) Which folder are you accessing the email from? Inbox? Or another folder?
(3) Can you let me know one of the MessageID that is giving you an issue (it'll come up in the message, case-senstive). You can private message me the ID for security (but only you have access to that email based on the ID, so it's safe).
(4) Are you signed into Google with more that one account at the same time (info@ and nancy@)?
Hmmmmm.....writing #3 and #4 above just gave me an idea......due to your original problem you had first setup the gadget under one profile (info@), and then tried another profile (nancy@)......so what if we still have your authentication in a mixed mode.....you are viewing emails from nancy@, but somehow still authenticating under info@. The MessageIDs are only valid for the person whose inbox they are in. So info@ cannot read emails in @nancy's mail, and vice versa.
So that leads me to #5.
(5) Whose inbox are you trying to use the gadget in? @nancy, or @info?
Thanks for your patience.....I think we're getting closer.