Method Community

Title field in New Lead Screen

Last post 07-17-2013 12:37 PM by Method_Adam. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-12-2013 1:14 PM

Title field in New Lead Screen

Why isnt the title field available in the new lead screen. It is available in the new opportunity and new contact. I cant add it to a table to have it available. Please let me know if there is a way to add because now in order to the title for a lead info has to be enetered then we have to go to edit lead then edit customer which is very time consuming.

• 07-15-2013 11:48 AM In reply to

Re: Title field in New Lead Screen

Hi DOTTIENYC,

The Title field is a standalone field in the Contacts table, meaning it is not linked from another field.  This would be why you have to edit the contact to update that field.  Where do you see it in the New Opportunity screen?

You'll need to create a linked field by first adding a dropdown field to the Leads table.  You can then add the field as a linked field.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-15-2013 12:04 PM In reply to

I saw the title field in the opportunity table and linked it to add it to the screen just like you are instructing me to do with the lead table.

I do not have a leads table available  so I am unable to ad this the title field to that table. Isnt that strange?

• 07-15-2013 12:12 PM In reply to

That's my mistake, as there is no Leads table.  You can link it to the Customer table.

I don't have a Title field in my Opportuity table.  Is this a custom field?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-15-2013 12:29 PM In reply to

In my opportunity table the title field is available as a linked field not a custom field and the title field is not available in the customer table.

• 07-15-2013 12:30 PM In reply to

You are correct.  The field is ContactsTitle in the Opportunity table.  Sorry for the confusion.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-15-2013 12:36 PM In reply to

ok how can I add the title field to be available in lead screen?

• 07-17-2013 12:37 PM In reply to

Answer

If you were to do a linked field, you would not be able to edit it.  I would suggest creating a Title field in your Customer table.  You can then add two actions in the Save button to insert the value of the Title field on screen to the Title field in the Contacts table.  You must make sure these actions are after the save action.  See below:

The second Where clause is to ensure the main contact is being retrieved.  After this action you should add an Update Field in Table action to update the Title field in Contacts to match the Title field on the screen.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)