We're excited to announce the release of Method Scheduling & Invoicing for QuickBooks Online. While there are several apps available for Method users who use QuickBooks Desktop, this is the first app available for Method users of QuickBooks Online. Considering the large percentage of our QuickBooks Online users who are service companies, we know this is going to be welcomed news.
What does it do?
Method Scheduling & Invoicing adds onto Method CRM Pro - and provides the ability to schedule work orders on a calendar, and then convert the work orders into invoices.
Main features include:
- Scheduling - schedule jobs on a calendar or a work order list. Jobs can be one-time, projects or recurring. Recurring intervals can be daily (including multiple days per week), weekly (including biweekly), monthly (including quarterly), annually, or at variable intervals (for example, every 7 days from January to April, every 14 days from May to October, and every 7 days from November to December).
- Mapping / Routing - generate driving directions to and from your office using Google Maps.
- Assign work orders - assign work to your crews (teams, techs, etc.). You can either email the work orders, print the work orders, or provide your crew leaders with a login so that they can access their work online. Route lists are also an option if you want many jobs to appear on each printed page.
- Mobile - instead of printing work orders, why not give crews a mobile device so that they can use Method Mobile to access their work in the field?
- Complete the work - enter start and stop times, materials used, as well as any additional services sold while at the job. If the crews are using Method Mobile, they can simply click on their work orders, click Start Timer when they arrive, and Stop Timer when they are finished! Method Mobile saves the double-entry of having your office staff enter this back in the office at the end of the day.
- Invoicing - convert all completed work orders into QuickBooks Online invoices with a single click. You can create one invoice per work order at the end of each day, or you can invoice monthly for all the work orders completed this month. The invoices will go right into QuickBooks Online instantly.
- Job Costing - View Job Cost reports that give Estimated vs. Actual hours, so you know which jobs are winners and which ones are losers.
- CRM - Of course, it integrates nicely with Method CRM .
Who is it for?
Anyone who schedules jobs to be performed by staff, where the scheduled work turns into a QuickBooks invoice when it is complete. Typically, this is ideal for companies in the field service industry, but there are many other industries that apply.
How do I get it?
- The cost is free for QuickBooks Online users who are subscribed to Method CRM Pro for QuickBooks Online. It is not standalone. If you are a QuickBooks Online user, you need to sign up for Method CRM Pro via Intuit App Center.
- Once you are a Method CRM Pro user, sign in, and go to Customize > My Account, where you'll see the ability to install Method CRM Scheduling & Invoicing for QuickBooks Online.
Think of the time you'll save. Scheduled work automatically appears
on a calendar at the interval you specified when you first set the jobs
up. Instead of you or your office staff doing data entry, it's your
field staff who are the ones tracking whether work was completed and how
long it took. All you have to do is click one button to have all
their completed work orders flow into QuickBooks as invoices!
And best of all, since this app is made using Method, it is built using the same tools you have access to. So you can customize it to be specifically tailored for your service company.