The following indicates which accounting application(s) the release note(s) apply to.
- QBD = QuickBooks Desktop
- QBO = QuickBooks Online
- New - the “Activity Contact” and “Follow-up Contact” dropdown lists located under the New / Edit Activity tab have been updated to only show contacts that belong to the lead or customer associated with the opportunity. This makes it much easier to locate a specific contact at the company when adding an activity from this screen. (QBD & QBO)
- New - now you can add a new contact for the lead/customer associated with the opportunity by clicking the dropdown list for “Activity Contact” or “Follow-up Contact” and selecting < Add New >. (QBD & QBO)
- New - added a new option to delete an activity from this screen by clicking More actions... > Delete Activity under the New/Edit Activity tab. (QBD & QBO)
- Improved - now when a different contact is selected from the “Contact” dropdown list, the “Activity Contact” and “Follow-up Contact” dropdowns get pre-filled automatically with the name in the “Contact” dropdown. (QBD & QBO)
- Improved - the “Activity Contact” and “Follow-up Contact” dropdown lists now display the contacts phone number for the second column and email address for the thrid column. Since we already knew the company and entity type, its more useful to have these fields displayed here as additional columns. (QBD & QBO)
- Improved - removed the “Save & New Activity” button from the screen. After some feedback from the community and our own internal team, we’ve integrated this into the “Save”, “Save & Back” and “Save & Close” buttons. (QBD & QBO)
- Improved - the “Save” button now has 2 options when clicked. (QBD & QBO)
- Save Opportunity - which simply saves the opportunity.
- Save Opportunity, Activity & New Activity - which saves the opportunity and the activity and then clears the screen for a new activity to be added.
- Improved - the “Save & Back” button now has 2 options when clicked. (QBD & QBO)
- Save Opportunity & Back - which simply saves the opportunity and returns you back to your last known location.
- Save Opportunity, Activity & Back - which saves the opportunity and the activity and returns you back to your last known location.
- Improved - the “Save & Close” button now has 2 options when clicked. (QBD & QBO)
- Save Opportunity & Close - which simply saves the opportunity and closes the pop-up window.
- Save Opportunity, Activity & Close - which saves the opportunity and the activity and closes the pop-up window.
- Improved - changed the “Name” field to “Opportunity Name”. This was done to make a clear up any potential confusion with the Lead/Customer Name. (QBD & QBO)
- Fix - the help note located under the Existing Activities for this Opportunity tab was updated to reflect the changes in this release note. (QBD & QBO)
- Fix - when navigating to the Edit Opportunity screen from the Activities List if the Go Back button was clicked, you would be taken back to the Activities List screen. However if you went back to the Opportunities tab, the screen would appear with no selected tab link. Now this tab will be taken back to the Opportunities List tab link. (QBD & QBO)
- Fix - when clicking the “Duplicate Opportunity” an error was appearing regarding the contacts. This has now been resolved. (QBD & QBO)
- New - the Name field has now been made a required field. If a contact is edited, you’ll now need to make sure that the Name field is filled in. (QBD & QBO)
- New - set width of section to 940 pixels to match other screen designs. (QBD & QBO)
- Fix - the Item and Tax columns in the items grid did not have the first column specified. (QBD)
Danny Do Couto is the Chief Operating Officer at Method Integration. He has been a part of the Alocet Incorporated family since 2003 where he helped in the maturity of Alocet’s existing brands, QXpress Scheduling Software and LM Software. In 2006, he switched his focus to building the team, organizational structure, and business network for Alocet’s new Method Integration division. Danny brings with him a strong background in management and technology, having completed his education at Seneca College in Computer Engineering and Network Security. His passion is helping accountants, consultants and product developers with implementing Method into their businesses, and is quickly rising on the “who’s who” in the small business accounting software community. He frequently travels throughout the United States and Canada spreading the word about Method and is a regular contributor to the Method Integration blog. Danny lives in his hometown of Toronto, Ontario – Canada, and can be reached at 1-888-925-6238 ext. 708, or via email at email@example.com.