With the release of the new QuickBooks Receive Payment screen, more and more Method users are beginning to accept payments directly in Method. That number is about skyrocket with the upcoming release of the new "Contacts Portal" since it allows you to easily send an invoice to a customer for them to view and make payments online.
So far, based on the feedback, the vast majority of you are using Intuit Merchant Services (a.k.a. Intuit Payment Solutions), so it's as good a time as any to give a step-by-step guide on how to set it up.
- Become a user of Intuit Merchant Services, if you aren't already: http://payments.intuit.com/apply-now/. Heads-up: you'll need the "Shopping Cart" feature turned on, which might run you $9.95/mo extra.
- In Method, go to Customize > My Account.
- Click view / edit... beside Payment Gateways.
- Click Add New Payment Gateway.
- Choose Intuit Merchant Services from the dropdown.
- You might want to change the Payment Gateway Name from "Credit Card" to something like "VISA / MasterCard" if these are the cards you accept. Customers will see this in the portal.
- The fields Default Payment Method, Default AR Account, Default Deposit To Account are required. When a customer makes a payment it will automatically flow into QuickBooks and use the values you setup. Tip: Have two A/R accounts? There's no harm in having more than one Payment Gateway.
- For the Connection Ticket, click the Click here to get a Connection Ticket link. This is the security token you'll get from Intuit that only Method will know and use.
- Put in your Intuit user Login name and Password. These you get from Intuit. The Login name is usually your email address.
- Click Log in.
- You might get this screen if you have multiple companies. Choose carefully as payments will be assigned to the company selected.
- For Login Security, choose No, and click Continue.
- You'll get your Connection Ticket. Copy this by highlighting all the text, right-clicking and choosing Copy.
- Return back to Method's payment gateway screen.
- Right-click in the Connection Ticket field and choose Paste.
- Ensure everything else is filled out, and then click Add.
- Go ahead and run a test! Create an invoice for yourself as a test customer, and pay it either through Customer Center > Receive Payments, or through the portal.
Add a comment below and let us know how you are integrating payment solutions into Method. Anyone done any custom screens for payment processing?