Load Web Page
Solution No. 115
Load Web Page Either sets the URL address of a specified Web Page Window control in Method, or launches a new web browser window with the specified URL.
So Where Would We Use It?
If you inserted a Web Page Window object, the Load Web Page action is what you would use to specify the URL for the object. This is used to load an external web page onto a screen in Method, perhaps to link your customer or vendor to their website.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Load Web Page from the Action dropdown list.
2. Select the Target.
- New Browser Window.
- Web Page Window Object.
3. If you selected “Web Page Windows Object”, select the web page window from the dropdown; otherwise, skip to step 4.
4. Select the condition to Enter URL from the dropdown list.
The choices are:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field within the specified screen.
- Value From Row – sets the condition to a value from a specified row.
5. If you selected Type In for Step 4, enter the Value and proceed to Step 6; otherwise, specify a value from the dropdown list.
6. Enter Internal note (Optional).7. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.