Solution No. 166
This action sends an email to the specified recipient. Notes: (1) the “Body” commonly uses an HtmlEditor object, (2) Priority accepts the values “High”, “Normal” and “Low”, (3) Server Address, User Name and Password are the SMTP settings of your company's e-mail server. If you have already entered in your SMTP settings, leave these fields blank.
So Where Would We Use It?
Useful to send emails directly from method and avoid the need to move away to another app which can be another distraction you don't need.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Send Email from the Action dropdown list.
For Step 2 – Step 13 below, select the Value from each dropdown list. Note: For steps 7 through 13, Value from Session is not present
The choices for each may include:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field within the specified screen.
- Value From Session – sets the condition to a value that results from the current session information.
- Value From Row – sets the condition to a value from a specified row.
- Value From Calendar – sets the value from a specified calendar.
Note: If you selected Type In, enter the predefined value; otherwise, specify a Value in the dropdown.
2. Enter email Subject. (Optional).
3. In Email To: enter email address of the recipient. (*Required).
4. In Email Cc: add recipient email address. (Optional).
5. In Email Bcc: add recipient email address. (Optional).
6. In Email From: enter email address of sender. (*Required).
7. Enter Email From Name: as to appear on sent items. (Optional).
8. Enter email contents in Body.
9. Determine Priority of the email. (Optional).
10. Determine Attachment Location for any files. (If applicable).
11. Enter Server Address. (SMTP settings from email server).
12. Enter User Name. (SMTP settings from email server).
13. Enter Password. (SMTP settings from email server).
14. Enter Internal note. (Optional).
15. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.