Send to Desktop
Solution No. 120
Notifies Method PUSH™ to perform a real-time sync between your accounting software and your Method account. Note: this action is already built-in to Save Section, Save All Sections, and Save & New buttons.
So Where Would We Use It?
The Send to Desktop action forces a real-time sync with QuickBooks, regardless if information was changed by you. This is especially helpful if there are multiple users, the Send to Desktop will affect changes to the system for all users to see.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Send to Desktop from the Action dropdown list.
2. Enter Table Name.
3. Select Record ID condition from the dropdown list.
The choices are:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field within the specified screen.
- Value From Session – sets the condition to a value that results from the current session information.
4. If you selected Type In for Step 3, enter the predefined value and proceed to Step 5; otherwise, specify a Value from the dropdown list.
5. Enter Internal note (Optional).
6. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.