Assign value to action result
Solution No. 133
This action sets an Action Result variable to a specified value, which can then be used in subsequent actions.
So where would we use it?
This action can be used in many different places: for example, if you want to store a temporary value to be grabbed later in the action sequence. Note: Action Results can only be used within the same Object/Field in which they are created.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Assign Value to Action Result from the Action dropdown list.
2. Enter Action Result name.
3. Select Value from the dropdown list.
The choices are:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field within the specified screen.
- Value From Session – sets the condition to a value that results from the current session information.
- Value From Row – sets the condition to a value from a specified row.
- Value From Calendar – sets the value from a specified calendar.
4. If you selected Type In for Step 3, enter the predefined value and proceed to Step 5; otherwise, specify a Value in the dropdown list below.
5. Enter Internal note (Optional).
6. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.